We Address Unfair Property Tax Assessments

Do you feel like you’re overpaying on your property taxes? In some instances, this may be more than a feeling – it could be a reality. That’s because New Jersey has the highest property taxes in the nation making it increasingly difficult for residents to afford to live in our state. All too often, property is assessed at an unfair rate, leaving a property owner overtaxed and none the wiser.

We Help You File An Appeal

Relief from these unfairly high taxes can only happen if you appeal your property tax assessment. The appeal process can be difficult to navigate because you must be able to prove and your adjusted value is not in line with property values. This requires research and expertise that the average citizen may not possess. In the end, it is oftentimes best to hire an attorney to represent you.

At Barli & Associates LLC, our skilled and experienced lawyers represent property owners throughout Passaic, Bergen, Essex and Hudson counties in property tax appeals. With a full background in real estate law and all its various matters, our attorneys are capable of reducing real estate taxes for all forms of property, including residential, commercial, industrial and multi-tenant.

Appealing Residential Property Taxes

There are three steps you should take in order to appeal the assessed value of your property:

  1. Obtain information on at least five comparable property sales that occurred within 12 months prior to the valuation date.
  2. File the application by April 1 with all the necessary parties.
  3. Appear at your county tax board and present your case demonstrating why your assessment should be lowered.

Our lawyers are very familiar with the steps of the appeals process and will guide you through it with confidence.

Contact Our Firm For Assistance

If you feel like you’re overpaying on your property taxes, talk to the New Jersey law firm who can not only help you determine if this is the case but can file an appeal to get your rate reduced.

To schedule a free initial consultation, call 973-638-1101 to reach our offices in Clifton and Tenafly. You may also send us an email using our online contact form. All consultations regarding your case will be with one of our attorneys. We accept credit cards.